Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iAmLegend

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
is this technically possible? I can see this coming in handy on long trips as you would be able to store all your movies/music on the iPod and connect it to the iPhone which would basically be used as an external monitor.

b257177

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2007
is this technically possible? I can see this coming in handy on long trips as you would be able to store all your movies/music on the iPod and connect it to the iPhone which would basically be used as an external monitor.

There's software that makes using the iPhone itself as a hard drive, but I haven't seen any (at least yet) that let's anything (much less an iPod) be used as an extra drive for the iPhone.

Would be great if something out, and I am sure it's in the works somewhere right now, that plugged into the dock connector to allow using any popular memory stick as extra drive space. This is really one of the beauty-things about the iPhone design, it won't become obsolete as a result of having an on-board memory slot that could potential lose favor for something else in the industry, like the ongoing move from CF memory chips card to SD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.