Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Snappycat70000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2021
Hello,

Recently, in a attempt to try to make my mac last longer I installed the 0.30 open core legacy patcher to my Mac. At first it all seemed to be working out okay, but recently some horrible glitches have been happening.

The first one happened when I was streaming YouTube at 1080p and I was loading YouTube comment replies and the system froze and blasted this horrible glitch noise that would loop and I would have to perform a hard shutdown on my Mac to get it to stop. I then went back in to recreate the problem, and sure enough it happened again. The computer was hot when this happened. Both times also displayed an error code but I was dumb and didn't get it...

Then, just tonight I was typing in somthing into notes while the computer was on my lap and then all of a sudden the screen completely glitched out and turned into this glitchy green distorted screen, and my computer froze. And once again I had to restart my Mac to get it to stop. I then turned it on after that and on the boot screen it did it so I then had to reboot it again. I then turned on and was able to log in, and I went into Google Chrome and did a Google search and it happened again, and I turned it of and I haven't turned it back on yet as of writing this. The computer was also hot during this. Also no error screens displayed when this happened.

I'm completely lost on what to do. Is there a way to fix this, or should I get rid of this system asap and go back to catalina? Or should I use another patcher other than open core legacy? Or did I install the patcher wrong and should I reinstall it all over again?

Also, I have a mid 2012 macbook pro with a pny 250 gb ssd with 8 gb of ram with a core i5 with Intel 4000 graphics.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

webg3

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2018
Change your EFI (use OpenCore Configurator to MountEFI)

Attachments

• EFI MBP 2012 13Zoll.zip
    993.4 KB · Views: 153

webg3

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2018
My OpenCore 0.7.3 (MacBook Air 2012); not Lilu.kext or WhaterGreen.kext (fully stable)

Attachments

• OpenCore-0.7.3_MacBookAir5,1_2012.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 176

Snappycat70000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2021
Hello, thank you for responding. Could you give me more detailed steps on how I would go about changing my efi? Sorry, I am not very experienced with some of this stuff.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.