Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Imohamed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2022
Hello, I am using the iPad Pro for some time now and have no clue how to relay on mail app.
i can’t copy mail in other mail as attachment.
i can’t make a local folder to offload mail server storage.
does anyone has idea how to manage those 2 things? or the next computer is not actually my next PC :)

Imohamed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2022
Thanks for the reply.
i need to add a local folder to offload my server storage, same idea of PST file over outlook on PC. This feature is available on Mac but I can’t see it on iPad.

no copy and past for mails, if i need to attached a mail into a new mail or my reply to a mail. How this can be done over iPad.

dsusanj

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2008
i need to add a local folder to offload my server storage, same idea of PST file over outlook on PC. This feature is available on Mac but I can’t see it on iPad.
There's no way to do this on the iPad as the Mail app nor the third-party apps do not support local storage in the same way as would be the case on the desktop.

Reactions: Imohamed

Chancha

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2014
I believe if you set the mail account as POP3 on an iOS device, it would behave like a semi-offline locally storage mailbox. But beware that iOS Mail is sandboxed, it does not allow you direct access to those mailboxes like you would on macOS or Windows machines, such that if anything wrong happens you may be subjected to losing all those mails and that a iCloud backup is also not guaranteed to help at all on this.

Imohamed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2022
Thanks for all who take time to support.

So basically My next computer is not actually a computer :rolleyes:

so no hope to make use of this M1 iPad as a main device?

Chancha

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2014
I supposed there may be 3rd party email apps that behave more like a real email client with more offline functions. But end of the day the iPadOS being sandboxed meaning yes, it "is not actually a computer" in most sense of the sentence.

But I'd argue that at least concerning email, you are not supposed to manage it all on a mobile device anyway, it should be centralized on a (remote) mail server by your provider or if you manage it yourself, there are proper (client) computers and server related hardware/software to deal with it.

Reactions: Imohamed

Imohamed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2022
Totally agree, then they should give the option to add cloud drive. The idea is to have all my history on the go, then I need to have access to my mail history that over the days started to offload the server on local drive.

they can offer any matching method between devices, but leaving it like this not helping.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.