Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doctorbj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2010
I am not sure whether i have a problem or not. I have just spent a long time with livechat from Apple and could not get the following answered:

I have 2 pc's, a new macbookpro(!) and and an iphoneGS.

What I want to be able to do is continue using Outlook on my main pc and use my non .me address (xxxxx@verizon.net) and have real time sync of email, particularly with the iphone.

Currently I have the iphone checking for email every 15' and the pc every 30 minutes to be sure that email goes to both, since, if i understand it correctly, if the outlook gets the email before the iphone (from the verizon server), it will not get to the iphone.

I was hoping to have a way to make sure both (or all) devices get the emails at all times.

I hope this question is clear.
basically can i continue to use my current email and sync. If not is there a way to forward the emails to my .me acocunt to solve the problem.

Thanks for looking at this situation!

Barry

kallyq

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2010
During my trial of Mobile Me I chatted with support and I believe the only emails synced are the mobile me emails. That is what they told me anyway.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I don't really see how mm comes into it. The only questions are: is your third party email IMAP? Are your various mail clients set up correctly? If yes to both, yes they will all stay in sync. But they won't ge. The emails at exactly the same time unless it's push email.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.