Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deamb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2008
Barcelona
Hello all,

I am trying to set up a UITextField in which the user would input a numerical code that would then be decoded in my app.
Since just numbers will be inputed, I am inclined to use the "Number Pad" style keyboard.

But since there is no "Done" or "Enter" button on that style keyboard, how to you get this textField to resign its firstResponder state and go on with the decoding??

Thanks

iphoneGuy

macrumors member
Hello all,

I am trying to set up a UITextField in which the user would input a numerical code that would then be decoded in my app.
Since just numbers will be inputed, I am inclined to use the "Number Pad" style keyboard.

But since there is no "Done" or "Enter" button on that style keyboard, how to you get this textField to resign its firstResponder state and go on with the decoding??

Thanks

In my app, the text field is the only field on the page. I have a Save button in the navBar to return to the main screen when you are done...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.