Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mackaveli

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2005
i have these pc speakers and than i connected them to my powerbook but i only get sound from one speaker instead of 2? is that normal? i connected the green wire to my headphone input.

Also does anyone know if any device so that i can connect that green cord to a device so i can get RCA inputs so i can connect my ps2 or xbox to use the pc speakers with my lcd screen?

thanks.

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
mackaveli said:
i have these pc speakers and than i connected them to my powerbook but i only get sound from one speaker instead of 2? is that normal? i connected the green wire to my headphone input.
Check if the cable is fitted entirely in.
Try the sound with regular headphones.
Try the speakers with another source.
That should determine what your problem is.

mackaveli said:
Also does anyone know if any device so that i can connect that green cord to a device so i can get RCA inputs so i can connect my ps2 or xbox to use the pc speakers with my lcd screen?
That would be a female mini plug to female RCA adapter, you can pick it up far cheap at your local hardware or audio store.

Good luck

mackaveli

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2005
thanks for the tips. well the speakers are very old i just wanted to see if it would work and i know the speakers are fine cause on my pc it plays through both speakers and i did check the preferences.

Well hopefully my other pc speakers play fine.

Thanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.