Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flowergurldaisies

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2016
hi, i installed Firefox and all of my password were synced in but when I go to Facebook.com my password and user name doesn't appear on the log in page.

I usually press on the username field and press the down arrow key but there is no down arrow key on I-Phone.
How to I use the saved passwords that are stored on a webpage like Facebook.com?
How do I make the log in information appear on the webpage?

Please help! Thankies!

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
I don't use Firefox but other browsers such as Chrome and Safari will usually ask you if you wish to save the log in data for the sites you visit. That's an option which must be turned on from the browser preferences. Do you have that turned on for Firefox? When I visit Facebook using Safari or Chrome, I'm automatically signed in.

Also, since you're posting here in an iPhone Tips forum, are you referring to accessing Facebook from your iPhone? If so and you want to be automatically signed in, you should sync your keychain passwords using iCloud.

WordsmithMR

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2015
Murica
I have been having this issue on the desktop version of Firefox for the last two months. Between my work PC and my Laptop. Not sure why. It's always been enabled, but it just doesn't auto fill the info anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.