Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RestUnknown

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2011
Maybe not the correct place to ask but I can't seem to find a solution.

I use Carplay mainly for the ability to use Waze and listen to my own made playlists.

Sometimes I also just listen to the radio and whenever I hear a song of which I would like to know the title, I want to quickly turn on Shazam. But this stops the radio altogether. After some searching this seems to do with Siri. Turning it off as some solutions suggests, don't work, as it stills stops the music. And then again, this is no solution as I'm not going to go into my settings of my phone, looking for Siri to switch it off, starting Shazam, switching Siri back on while I'm driving. Shazam is just a simple tap on my phone.

Is there a way to make this work? Or is the problem related to the brand of the car?

Then another question. In my previous car (same brand, but without Carplay), I could open a playlist, select a song in it and play it. At the same time, the playlist would remain open on the screen so I could just scroll to another song and select it and so on. With Carplay it closes the playlist screen and shows the title of the song so I have to go back to the playlist to select another one. This is very annoying. Is there a setting that just keeps the playlist open when selecting another song?

iPhone SE (2nd gen), latest iOS
BMW OS7

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.