Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JVSalazar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2023
I have a Macbook Air and I’m wondering if this is possible. If i get an iPad capable of an external display (probably an iPad pro if I wanted 4k60 external display output), would it be possible to use sidecar ON the external display itself (if I would prefer to use the external monitor with my Macbook vs the iPad screen itself). If this is possible would the iPad screen still be available for iPad apps and universal control at the same time?

And is the opposite possible as well? If I wanted to use sidecar on the iPad screen and simultaneously use an external screen for iPad apps and universal control.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I'm questioning why?

But if I'm reading this correctly... it's not possible to use Sidecar on an external display, once I tried to select the monitor it outputs to the iPad.

And trying the opposite only cancels out SideCar on an iPad if you were to drag the mouse over to Stage Manager on an external display.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.