Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 20, 2002
I'm using SimpleViewer's code to display Flash galleries on my site.

The catch is, I made a test gallery a few days ago, and some of my friends told me the images were a bit distorted when they viewed them - even though the images looked perfect on my display. They were on Macs and PCs both, on a variety of browsers.

I've uploaded a gallery of a photo shoot I just did with my girlfriend, and again the gallery looks great on my display.

I just wanted to see if a few folks could look at my gallery, and tell me if the images are looking as sharp as they should.

Here is the gallery.

Here is a sample image to compare the gallery to.

Thanks in advance.

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
They look fine to me (PC, Win XP, Firfox 1.5 RC2). They may be referring to the slight compression artifacts that you get when you display an image at a smaller resolution than what it is. You can see it along her arms and almost anywhere there is a high jump in contrast. This is due to the fact that browsers don't use high quality resizing algorithms. But other than that I don't notice any distortion.

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 20, 2002
Thanks for looking kgarner.

I saved the images out in Photoshop to the resolution that the xml file sets the images at, so there shouldn't (in theory) be a problem there.

I got my mom to look at them from her PC w/IE at work, and she said they were distorted there.

:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.