Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

First Viceroy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2018
Monarch Beach, CA.
Not sure which update caused this. But, periodically on both of my Iphones and when using Siri to make a call. It will ask me to unlock my phone. This is a real drag especially if I’m driving and don’t want to be distracted. I called Apple and they said this was a new feature and could not be turned off. Anyone else have this problem?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Not sure which update caused this. But, periodically on both of my Iphones and when using Siri to make a call. It will ask me to unlock my phone. This is a real drag especially if I’m driving and don’t want to be distracted. I called Apple and they said this was a new feature and could not be turned off. Anyone else have this problem?
I've been running into this occasionally with quite a few differebt iOS versions. Usually in my case at least it's just down to Siri not realizing I just want to make a call and thinking there's something else that I'm trying to do (that it thinks the phone should be unlocked for). What almost always works is trying again and being a little clearer in my call command that Siri picks up correctly.

As far as what Apple said, if it's actually some new feature, then why doesn't it only work sometimes and inconsistently? Doesn't really seem to make sense as far as being some new feature in that sense, unless they actually provided some sort of an explanation/reasoning that somehow made some sense.

ajayarjun

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2018
Is there a way to avoid that unlocking the phone issue. It happens for all whatsapp audio calls and its irritating.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.