Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dromedary

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2022
Hi,

I'd like to use my Macbook Pro internal speakers and Sonos Roam on Airplay simultaneously.

I've created a multi-output device in Audio Midi Setup but when I select it for output, only the Mac internal speakers play.

What am I doing wrong?

Have spoken to both Apple and Sonos tech support but neither can help.

OS is Monterey 12.4.

Thanks

Last edited:

kildraik

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2006
Are both devices you are using (in this. case your Roam and the internal speakers) enabled? In the aggregate device, be sure the "use," box is checked. Whichever device is the master device is the device that will control the volume and playback controls. Enable drift correction on the secondary device.

Be sure your bluetooth speaker is on and connected as well while setting up the multi-device output and before you begin playback.

Dromedary

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2022
Are both devices you are using (in this. case your Roam and the internal speakers) enabled? In the aggregate device, be sure the "use," box is checked. Whichever device is the master device is the device that will control the volume and playback controls. Enable drift correction on the secondary device.

Be sure your bluetooth speaker is on and connected as well while setting up the multi-device output and before you begin playback.
Hi Kildraik, thanks for the suggestions. I've checked all those and still no joy. I'm using the Roam via Airplay rather than Bluetooth. Thanks though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.