Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MXSkier62

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
So i have the apple case and absolutely hate it, mostly cause of how dirty the screen seems to get with the case.

With that said I'm in the market to get something like the belkin grip view to keep it "naked," with the added protection of not having the back scratch when i take it out (which is everyday... I'm a student).

My ideal situation is something like the belkin grip view, but as minimal as possible, still clear, and then throw it in something like an incase sleeve in my bag.

Any ideas, opinions with your own products, or otherwise what has been said to be good? I've researched a ton, but i want to get the communities opinion on it as well before puking the trigger.

Scuby

macrumors regular
May 16, 2010
Mine has just a screen protector on the front (probably unnecessary, but i was taking it somewhere where i'd be using it with dirty / gritty hands and didn't want to risk it). I also have a simple neoprene sleeve for when i travel with it. Haven't found any damage or scratches on the back or the edges, so not worried about any further protection.

David

drenline

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2010
Zagg - Full Body Maximum Coverage for $39.99:
APPIPADMC.jpg

Best "naked" feel on the iPad....minus the front screen shield, I just use it for the backpiece and sidings.

/thread :)

kingalien

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2010
Earth
Initially I did not care for the apple case and used one of the generic cases that just covers the back of the iPad (one with a hole in the middle where the apple logo is which by the way made for a good grip when holding it). I later went back to the apple case so i could make use of the angle position when typing. So what you are looking to do will work but if you plan on typing much you will probably need to prop up the back of the iPad for optimal use.

PacMookBro

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2007
From my experience, grip vue is all you really need because it is NOT bulky and grippable. I use griffin a-frame for propping it up. Find the cheapest, but brand new one, on ebay or amazon and you are all set.

beaner454

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2003
Am I the only iPad owner who doesn't have or want a case? I got it a week or so after the initial launch and don't have a scratch, dent or nick on it. I bring it along with me regularly, and am careful with it (but not overly so).

The last apple product I had that needed a case was my old iPod photo. But I guess some are clumsier then others?

rkmac

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
JAFA, New Zealand
Am I the only iPad owner who doesn't have or want a case? I got it a week or so after the initial launch and don't have a scratch, dent or nick on it. I bring it along with me regularly, and am careful with it (but not overly so).

The last apple product I had that needed a case was my old iPod photo. But I guess some are clumsier then others?

You are like me. However I usually get some slim case of some description with the best intentions of using it, then take it off after a week :p
Ive never badly damaged an apple product (except for scuffing on my iPhone 3G but thats because I gave up caring at put it in the same pocket as my keys).
My iPhone 4 and iPad have now been naked for quite a while and neither of them are scratched at all.
Like you say, maybe some are more careful that others.

nlkccom

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2008
I use the Zagg Invisible Shield max coverage, but only using the back and sides. For the front, I use the Power Support Crystal film and I find it has less drag than the Zagg.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
Zagg - Full Body Maximum Coverage for $39.99:
APPIPADMC.jpg

Best "naked" feel on the iPad....minus the front screen shield, I just use it for the backpiece and sidings.

/thread :)

I do this, except for the back I have a Zagg LeatherSkin which protects and provides grip..without any added bulk to the iPad.

Initially I did not care for the apple case and used one of the generic cases that just covers the back of the iPad (one with a hole in the middle where the apple logo is which by the way made for a good grip when holding it). I later went back to the apple case so i could make use of the angle position when typing. So what you are looking to do will work but if you plan on typing much you will probably need to prop up the back of the iPad for optimal use.

god that typing angle..I love it too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.