Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zendog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
If I'm not mistaken the power brick will handle Mexican current. Right?
But will I need a plug adaptor? and if so is there someplace on the net with an illustration?

thanks
zendog

PAC88

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2009
I'm pretty sure you do not need an adapter while in mexico, they use the same plugs. one thing that might be different is that some of the outlets in mexico may not have the ground wire connection (the third circular wire) at the bottom of the Air's plug and many other devices. But that's easily fixed by just using the two prong connector that came with the Air, which you can attach directly to the brick. The current should not be an issue

steve31

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
Edmonton Canada
I go to Mexico all the time... you are good...nothing needed. But I always use a small power brick to protect my notebook from a power surge...to be safe.

RSW

macrumors member
May 13, 2009
If I'm not mistaken the power brick will handle Mexican current. Right?
But will I need a plug adaptor? and if so is there someplace on the net with an illustration?

thanks
zendog

As stated previously, you will be fine. However, one quick off topic comment. I just last month bought a MagicJack after hearing about it from a friend, and have to say its GREAT for making international calls. I got sick of having cell bills that were $1,000+ for a few days of international travel, and decided that the $20 or (whatever it was) investment to buy a MJ was well worth it. You also have to get a USB hub if the hotel has a Ethernet connection, but the call quality did not suffer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.