Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dodgeman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 30, 2016
So I have the app and I thought I read somewhere I can download like my cable providers app or whatever to steam through this app.
I know I can buy the actual Apple TV Box and get access to the app but I’d like to utilize the ATT Watch TV app. I only have Roku and the app is not supported I would have to buy a Firestick but don’t really want to spend $50 for Firestick to use this 1 app. So if I can access it through the Apple TV app here it might be alright.

niteflyr

macrumors 65816
Nov 29, 2011
Southern Cal
Apple TV+ is not an app. It is Apple's subscription service for streaming their original content series and movies. It can be accessed through the TV app on the Apple TV device. Confused enough yet? Thanks Apple.

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
So I have the app and I thought I read somewhere I can download like my cable providers app or whatever to steam through this app.
I know I can buy the actual Apple TV Box and get access to the app but I’d like to utilize the ATT Watch TV app. I only have Roku and the app is not supported I would have to buy a Firestick but don’t really want to spend $50 for Firestick to use this 1 app. So if I can access it through the Apple TV app here it might be alright.
Within the Apple TV app you can only watch purchased iTunes content and Apple TV channels that you have subscribed to. There is currently no AT&T Watch channel.

Dodgeman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 30, 2016
Ah ok I got ya. Thanks guys. No to mention Apple makes the most expensive streaming box of them all as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.