Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peen

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2017
In the past if I wanted to try to phones, I could just swap SIM's. Now that I can only use eSIM with my iPhone 14 Pro Max, it's very difficult to some days use my Pixel 7 Pro or Pixel 6a with my main number.

Using T-Mobile, I can use the QR code to swap eSIM's, but it's clunky, can takes hours and not have any working phones for awhile.

Has anyone found any workarounds or shortcuts to make this process easier?

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
If that’s your behavior, probably easier to just import a foreign iPhone 14 model with a SIM slot instead. Assuming you’re in the US, just get a Canadian iPhone like many people have done so here.

Peen

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2017
If that’s your behavior, probably easier to just import a foreign iPhone 14 model with a SIM slot instead. Assuming you’re in the US, just get a Canadian iPhone like many people have done so here.
Good idea.

Long term, even other countries SIM days are numbered. Also, T-Mobile trade in is hard to resist. I would have to buy Canadian phone outright and I already have US 14 Pro Max.

So far, best solution I've had is running two numbers with BlueBubbles (running on Macbook) and T-Mobile digits.

Reactions: jamezr
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.