Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mso4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2009
Just got the Verizon iPad Air today. I love this thing! Was able to activate the 200MB Tmobile data plan using their free sim card.

Finally I was able to insert my VZ iPhone 5S LTE unlimited data sim card and get it to work surfing at LTE speed. This thing is freaking awesome! So now I have the Tmobile data for basic stuff and when I need to go all out I'll just insert my phone sim for unlimited surfing.

Makes the extra $130 for the cellular iPad totally worth it especially when I'm on vacation and need cellular data on the iPad. I also tested a 2GB data sim card from my gf's VZ iPhone and that also work.

didiee

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
Neighborhood
Just got the Verizon iPad Air today. I love this thing! Was able to activate the 200MB Tmobile data plan using their free sim card.

Finally I was able to insert my VZ iPhone 5S LTE unlimited data sim card and get it to work surfing at LTE speed. This thing is freaking awesome! So now I have the Tmobile data for basic stuff and when I need to go all out I'll just insert my phone sim for unlimited surfing.

Makes the extra $130 for the cellular iPad totally worth it especially when I'm on vacation and need cellular data on the iPad. I also tested a 2GB data sim card from my gf's VZ iPhone and that also work.

Can you make it a hotspot on either T-mo or VZW?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.