Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joeytpg

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2004
Vienna, Austria
it didn't work......the patch needs the game to be installed, and i can't stall the game......when i enter the key it gives me an error...........so no luck :(

ikin

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2006
OH YEAH! UT2k4

Wow, just installed it,

Put all the settings on max and played it all night.

Runs amazing, I cant belive how god it runs. This is a great test to see how they perform and its outstanding. Download the patch now.

Im using a 20" intel imac, 1gig ram.

fansub

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2006
ut2k4 used to fun flawlessly on my macbook pro but since the latest patch it only gets as far as the loading splash screen, i went to the trouble shooting website and downloaded the patch said was supposed to fix this error but still no good! can anyone help?

fansub

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2006
ut2k4 used to fun flawlessly on my macbook pro but since the latest patch it only gets as far as the loading splash screen, i went to the trouble shooting website and downloaded the patch said was supposed to fix this error but still no good! can anyone help?

wazgilbert

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2007
UK South
Has anyone tried this on a Mini? I'd like to make a rough comparison for casual gaming purposes compared to my old PC

Thanks

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002

Maybe check the .log file for clues, and report back any errors that might help with a diagnosis. (Sort by date to find the log, in Application Support / UT 2004 / System.)

A fresh install may help, or try pulling the entire UT 2004 folder out of App Support to make all your settings reset.

Also--do you have multiple user accounts? Sometimes permissions can get set wrong for specific files within the game's package.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Also try lowering the resolution... fixed the problem when I played on the TV...

True--if you play at one res, then try to launch later on a display that can't handle that res, it won't launch.

So to change the res, go to your "UT2004.ini" in App Support / UT 2004 / System, open it in TextEdit, and search for [SDLDrv.SDLClient] WITH the brackets. You'll find the res numbers just below--edit them to something your display can handle.

polishmacuser

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2007
Los Angeles
I can't wait! I already downloaded the update, all I need to do now is buy UT 2004 for Mac, I have it for my PC but, now I'll be able to play it on my new intel iMac. I played the demo in Rosetta which was bad but, I have high expectations for this! :D I wish more places other than the Apple Store sold Mac software, oh well, maybe I'll convince my brother to take me there today :D
for the software thing look at frys electronics and compusa they have software there, i guess only a little. oh well i hope i helped a bit

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.