Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dayne"O"

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2019
Hello,

I previously found a hack that made my Utilities Folder (in the Dock) non-transparent. It didn't show the apps inside - basically it looked as if the folder was empty. I loved it but... Mistakes happen and the folder was accidentally removed from the Dock. When I put it back it was transparent again. I can't for the life of me find where I found that hack but would love to redo it. Anyone know how to accomplish the task or have a link to somewhere that can enlighten me?

Thanks for taking the time and I hope you have a great day!

Dayne"O"

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Not sure I understand this "transparent non-transparent" thing, but putting the Utilities folder in the Dock is just simple drag and drop to the right side of the Dock, it will first appear as a Stack, right-click the icon to set it's properties.

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 1.08.29 PM.png

Reactions: Dayne"O"

Dayne"O"

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2019
Not sure I understand this "transparent non-transparent" thing, but putting the Utilities folder in the Dock is just simple drag and drop to the right side of the Dock, it will first appear as a Stack, right-click the icon to set it's properties.

View attachment 845329
Great thanks much. That was the outcome I was looking for, last time I did it I used Terminal. This time I couldn't find the article with the proper command line prompts. I feel a lil foolish now that I know the easy way but thanks again and I hope you have a great Canada Day!

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Great thanks much. That was the outcome I was looking for, last time I did it I used Terminal. This time I couldn't find the article with the proper command line prompts. I feel a lil foolish now that I know the easy way but thanks again and I hope you have a great Canada Day!
Just happy I could assist.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.