Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oldBCguy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 7, 2021
Burnaby, BC, Canada
I find these decorated utility boxes to be rather cool. Seems with a little foresight, imagination, and some artistic design, these usually drab green or gray, and often graffiti-riddled boxes, can be converted into some interesting, decorative, and informative public art pieces in one’s neighbourhood.

Decorating these boxes in this manner is a relatively new thing here. I have attached examples of some interesting and colourful ones I have personally observed, and captured during my walks, wanderings, and our local travels in communities and neighbourhoods within the Lower Mainland of BC (New Westminster, Burnaby, Mission, and Harrison).

fullsizeoutput_427a.jpeg fullsizeoutput_4279.jpeg fullsizeoutput_4275.jpeg fullsizeoutput_426d.jpeg fullsizeoutput_426f.jpeg fullsizeoutput_4271.jpeg fullsizeoutput_4269.jpeg fullsizeoutput_426a.jpeg fullsizeoutput_426b.jpeg fullsizeoutput_426c.jpeg fullsizeoutput_427d.jpeg fullsizeoutput_4283.jpeg fullsizeoutput_4284.jpeg fullsizeoutput_4285.jpeg fullsizeoutput_4286.jpeg fullsizeoutput_4288.jpeg fullsizeoutput_428a.jpeg Have you seen this being done where you live? If so, would enjoy seeing some sightings.

Reactions: bhtwo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.