Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
I would imagine he'd make a very good speaker, you can't get much better advertising than the man who clustered your consumer desktop computers to make the 3rd most powerful computer in the world can you? :D

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
heh... I'm sure he appreciates that he's being stalked on Mac Rumor sites.

arn

AppleMatt

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2003
UK
*Dreams of how fast 1100 Dual G5 Xserves would be*

*Dreams of getting 1100 3GHz Dual G5's and building own supercomputer to run...games...and...stuff*

AppleMatt

Selecter

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2003
West Virginia
I would take those X serves and FOLD THEM until I could'nt pay the power bill anymore.

Can you imagine how good 1,100 dual g5 xserve's would be at folding@home?

macrumors would be #1 be a few weeks.

The good doctor is a pretty good speaker, i go to VT (im home for the holiday otherwise i would give him a ring...) but yeah i helped assemble the big mac a little (basically unpackaging the g5's and installing the infiniband cards) but i went to the reception that the university catered, and he gave a little speech and he does speak well...i hope he's there and gets to speak, i love when our oft-forgotten university gets a little press:)

FelixDerKater

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2002
Nirgendwo in Amerika
OK, folks... It is Virginia Tech, not VaTech. Unless you are cheering us on in Spanish... :)

That has to be on of the most annoying things to hear in the news and on ESPN.

supatekmedia88

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2004
Virginia Tech should do Maya and Shake rendering, making the world's
largest renderfarm.

I just installed Xgrid, and realize very soon all rendering apps could be
configured for it.

Film directors like myself could go there to do big 3d projects, fight with
the big studios.

I forget how many nodes Pixar is currently running, but I'm sure Virginia Tech
could make some $$$ doing this.

A great idea.

http://www.supatek.com

slipper

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by AppleMatt
*Dreams of how fast 1100 Dual G5 Xserves would be*

*Dreams of getting 1100 3GHz Dual G5's and building own supercomputer to run...games...and...stuff*

AppleMatt
lol whoever said gaming on macs suck, go to virginia tech to play whichever game and they will show you!

brianbobcat

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2003
Illinois
Dr. Srinidhi Varadarajan at macworld

I saw Dr. Srinidhi Varadarajan at macworld! The funny thing is that he had a regular "exibit hall" badge, with a VIP ribbon sticker hanging off the badge. He looks kinda cool, he had a black trench coat on with a big black cowbo hat on. Looked like he stepped out of the matrix. Varginia Tech should make their own matrix.

-Brian

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.