Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Freedom2A

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2018
Hey Folks,
I'm going to be traveling, so I'm going to be selling my main Mac, which is an upgraded 2010 MacPro.

Thinking of Selling it on eBay, though I'm not sure how much to ask for it or how much to charge for shipping. So I wanted your thoughts!

Here are the specs:
2010 MacPro
Processor: 3.46Ghz 6-Core
Memory: 32GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Geforce GTX 680 (Flashed)
Boot Drive: Samsung EVO 960 NVMe 250GB
SSD: Intel 120GB
Hard Drives: x2 320GB WD Drives

The Monitor is a DELL S2715H 27 Inch 1080p

I was thinking of asking $600 for it all. Including 2 Keyboards and a magic mouse. It's all in very good shape. I also have another 24inch View sonic screen I could add with it as well. Which is also 1080p.

I live on the left side of PA, near the NJ Border. so the closest major big tech city would be New York.

What do you guys think? What do you think shipping would be?

Thanks

zipgs

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2018
$600 is too low imho.

I think you could do $700-800 for just the computer, keyboard and mouse on eBay, but you got a lot of fees.

I'm not real familiar with the monitor, but probably $75+shipping for the monitor from a quick search.

Now shipping is a pain, FedEx and UPS throw and drop everything as many times as possible, so make sure you box it safely to protect the feet and handles. Try it locally first so you don't have to deal with it. If you could get $600 cash for the whole setup and someone picks it up, that sounds good to me.

Macschrauber

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2015
Germany
I would not ship it without a decent box what ensures the feets and handles will have no contact to the box. Like the original box.

I second 600 is too low with that Ram, Blade, CPU and GPU - if the Mac is in good shape and not from a smoker.

orph

macrumors 68000
Dec 12, 2005
UK
local pickup is worth thinking about. not shore where you live, in the UK i got both my cmp 3.1 & 5.1 from gumetree which is owned by ebay and only dose local pickups no delivery.
but depends where you live and as i was buying i went to the sellers house with 2 people and had no problems both times, i live some where vary safe both times it was relay simple.

postage will cost a lot, pack it well so you dont get problems later and take photos + SN of parts before you send it & insure it if possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.