Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Imthedudeman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2021
Hello,

Currently have iphone xs. Works fine other than the battery at 84%. VZW is offering a $700 trade in for any recent iphone right now. This would bring the cost of the 12 to $150.

I like the screen rumours on the 13 and would rather wait for that but any chance I get that much of a trade in again?

I have no problems with my current phone, only reason to upgrade is purely value based. newer phone for $150,etc not knowing if future promotions will be that generous?

Saladin12

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2021
Assuming the price of the 13 doesn't change - could you not take the upgrade to the 12 for $150 and then when the 13 comes out, and you decide you want it, sell the 12 for a lot more than what you'd get for your XS at the time? I'd imagine you'd get at least $400 for the 12 (I have no idea on used prices in the US)?

Also aren't the 120hz screen rumours for the 13 saying that it'll be limited to the Pro versions?

Reactions: Imthedudeman

Imthedudeman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2021
Im not sure its just rumors now. he yellow screen thing does worry me. I love my xs and have no complaints, I was mainly looking at huge trade in value. But that trade in credit includes working iphone 8's also. So maybe once 13 is out similar promos will be available

ziyuel

Suspended
May 14, 2019
Assuming the price of the 13 doesn't change - could you not take the upgrade to the 12 for $150 and then when the 13 comes out, and you decide you want it, sell the 12 for a lot more than what you'd get for your XS at the time? I'd imagine you'd get at least $400 for the 12 (I have no idea on used prices in the US)?

Also aren't the 120hz screen rumours for the 13 saying that it'll be limited to the Pro versions?
the pro version definitely will have the 120 hz screen, the battery is huge!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.