Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

salilsundresh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 11, 2005
Today I opened an SSH connection with my iPhone and went to Var/Root/ only to find there is no "Media" folder? In the past I believe I've installed NES roms in Var/Root/Media and I've found on several sites that that's where you put the roms. What happened?! My iPhone functions just fine and I have all my audio, video, podcasts, etc. but the "Media" folder seems to have vanished? Any ideas?

EDIT: When I use Mobile Finder on my iPhone I can still see the "Media" folder and it's contents so it's still physically there I'm just having difficult seeing it? Additionally, I turned on "show hidden files" in Cyber Duck under the "View" menu and that did not change anything.

Here's a screenshot in Cyber Duck:
media_missing.jpg

salilsundresh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 11, 2005
Media is found in the Mobile folder. I don't have the exact location here, but I believe you have the path right, except it's Mobile/Media.

Wow, thanks. Must be a mistake on PSX4All's part and other emulators. It says var/root/Media/ROMs/PSX

delamerbleu

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2007
same problem here.

I created a PDF folder Mobile/Media, but PDFview didn't read the files. I also tried to create the Media folder in var/root (since i see no media folder under var/root, so I created one), and a subfolder PDF (var/root/media), but it doesn't work.

What to do? Pls help....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.