Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
Not sure if I'll get any good responses to this, but I figured it couldn't hurt to try. I'm forced into doing some Visual Basic programming in Visual Studio. There are countless books on the subject, but I need a book that will both teach me VB and also act as a good reference book in the future. I have programming experience in C/C++, Objective-C, Java, Lisp, and others, so I don't need anything too basic. I think I really only need to learn syntax Any opinions out there?

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
I don't know if this book will address exactly what you are looking for, but it looks like a good reference:
http://www.sitepoint.com/books/aspnet1
I have the version that deals with PHP and MySQL and it is a very good reference manual.
Even if that book doesn't fit your needs, you might want to check out the rest of the Sitepoint.com site and see if there are any articles or forums there that might help you. I've used the site a lot and it is a great resource for information on all aspects of web development.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.