Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
It's only been a week. It'll be nice to have the upgraded features, but I'm more worried about having stable forums. I'm sure arn and the other decision-makers are waiting just a bit to make sure it's working well for other folks before taking the plunge...I don't blame them.

Keep yer pants on...

lexus

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
Depends Greatly On The Weather
WildCowboy said:
It's only been a week. It'll be nice to have the upgraded features, but I'm more worried about having stable forums. I'm sure arn and the other decision-makers are waiting just a bit to make sure it's working well for other folks before taking the plunge...I don't blame them.

Keep yer pants on...
Any news now?

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
When and if Arn is ready he will let us know. Would you rather he wait or do it and everything crashes.:)

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
Figured I would let everyone know.

I updated my site to 3.6.2 just now and it went by pretty easily. However when going to 3.6 you have to rebuild forum information and thread information. Which on my site only took like 5-10 minutes because i don't have much. But here at MR with so much forum and thread information the site would be down for a little while.

Also I had to update every single modification i had on my site due to differences (causing MySQL errors) so the guide may cause issues and the custom CMPS would definitely cause issues.

Just incase anyone was wondering about where vB 3.6 is

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
MacNut said:
I think we all want to know, Does it change the smiley order.:p
As we all know, the smilie order changes are due to fluctuations in the cosmic background radiation, and can't be controlled by software.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
Well then i just found out a badass feature that i didn't notice first time through on my reading of 3.6 or maybe i just forgot about it.

You quote someone there is a link to the original post inside the quote

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.