Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

predheadtx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2016
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to post in such and old forum, but i have hope that there is still someone around savvy enough to save me.

My issue:
I have an iPod 4Th generation that has no screen what so ever, the power button, the volume buttons and the home button are non functional (the home button i have parts here to make it work if needed) the screen on the other hand is not repairable, the connector on the board is damaged

for my purpose, the device in its current condition is more than sufficient, so id rather not spend any money on repairs..

After many restores, many failures and many breakthroughs, i can access the file system, ssh, and have full control of the device. BUT! i cannot get veency to listen on port 5900 and i do not know how to make the device connect to a wifi network via terminal in ssh.

So i am stuck at this point i need it to have wifi enabled and connected, which i could do with veency, but currently to SSH im having to tunnel via USB. please someone even the right term to search in google would be helpful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.