Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
I want your input on what is the vehicle maintenance app you use with your iPhone. For many years I used the app called Vehicle Logbook - MPG by tinkerbuilt, $4.99, and I love how intuitive the interface was and how I was able to categorize services and it had the backup function using Dropbox, but at times when attempting to back up my data it would freeze, would not want to log into Dropbox, and was very worried all my data would be lost. Fast-forward to 2016 and it did happen exactly like that, I had to get a new iPhone replacement and ended up setting as new, my old backup became corrupted, so I attempted to restore almost 10 yrs of service log using the restore function via drop box (IT FAILED)...luckily I had also written all that information using Evernote and iCloud notes as backups...

Now I have purchased an app called Auto Care - Car Maintenance Service and Gas $2.99. Log by Xper2 Solutions and so far I am liking it. It has fast Dropbox backup/restore syncing and it doesn't seem to fail, but since I still don't trust this app after what happened with all my data gotten lost with Vehicle Logbook by Tinkerbuilt I still keep a written backup using Evernote. So far it has taken me almost an entire day having to input my 10 years of log for my Corolla 2005 and I hope that in the near future if I need to set up an iPhone as new I'll be able to restore the data using on this app from the cloud.

Can anyone share their experience for users who have a vehicle maintenance app on their iPhone and share their experience, recommend an app, and also does anyone know if there are any vehicle maintenance apps that are compatible with iPhone iOS and Android in the likes of Evernote.
4c49dae187f044c94e10f4dac36b14f0.jpg
2a5fa9be209ae60d2937a61493c2894f.jpg
d1c7b09c25ae4f48c80e442c6e9a2132.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.