Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aunkster

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 21, 2004
Nashville
Im not sure i get vent mount technology ,if heat is so bad for an iphone why would you use a vent mount ? In the winter even with a vent closed off it still gets a good amount of heat coming from that vent ..maybe im missing something ..

Rnd-chars

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2023
Some cars, like mine, allow you to close the vents and still have something mounted to the vent. And when it's closed, nothing comes through at all.

Conversely, you could also leave it open and have cool air blow on it.

Reactions: EedyBeedyBeeps

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Im not sure i get vent mount technology ,if heat is so bad for an iphone why would you use a vent mount ? In the winter even with a vent closed off it still gets a good amount of heat coming from that vent ..maybe im missing something ..

I guess it's about perspective... living in the Phoenix area, I never considered the car's heater... I haven't turned the heater on in my car or truck in probably 15-20 years... but I see it as a positive for A/C cooling, year round.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I guess it's about perspective... living in the Phoenix area, I never considered the car's heater... I haven't turned the heater on in my car or truck in probably 15-20 years... but I see it as a positive for A/C cooling, year round.
iPhone using a windshield mount in Phoenix summer lasts about 20min before you get the iPhone needs to cool down notification. Vent mount or cup holder mount is only options I've found that are viable..

Reactions: chown33

cthompson94

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2022
SoCal
have a vent mount for the summer and a window mount or a vent mount that extends for the winter to avoid extra head out the vent, you can also just close the vent to help prevent heat coming out on the vent behind the phone

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Buy a custom mount from ProClip USA and you will never look back again.

/Jim
+1 for ProClip. Been using them for years and I will never go back to anything else. If they don’t have your car, you can also try A-Tach Mounts. Very similar in construction and design to ProClip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.