Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RubberPants

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2023
Canada
I’m angry soon as I upgraded all my company Macs to Ventura 13.2 I cannot get then to connect to our shared Folder we use constantly daily. Spoke to a senior advisor to no avail. What the heck??? Tried everything myself to nothing. Won’t connect yer with 13.1 no issues. Anyone have this experience? Thanks

Greg

Reactions: J.J. Sefton

macrlz9

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2003
Illinois
What kind of fileshaing? (filesharing can be many things).
System Settings > General > File Sharing. In my case, I have a specific folder shared as well as an external drive that is configured to be a Time Machine drive for my MacBook.

Have tried rebooting. Removing and re adding the shared folder/drive, and turning File Sharing off, reboot, then back on.

I can connect and see the available folders (the 2 I mentioned plus Macintosh HD and the home folder) but as soon as I double click any of them, the finder freezes and is locked up until I reboot the server Mac.

This was working fine until the update yesterday.

RubberPants

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2023
Canada
System Settings > General > File Sharing. In my case, I have a specific folder shared as well as an external drive that is configured to be a Time Machine drive for my MacBook.

Have tried rebooting. Removing and re adding the shared folder/drive, and turning File Sharing off, reboot, then back on.

I can connect and see the available folders (the 2 I mentioned plus Macintosh HD and the home folder) but as soon as I double click any of them, the finder freezes and is locked up until I reboot the server Mac.

This was working fine until the update yesterday.
Exactly. There is a serious update problem in Ventura 13.2 beware maybe more

RubberPants

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2023
Canada
Perfect example as to why you never use the latest OS in a production environment.
I have a rule here, always stay one version behind. I have just under 100 Macs to manage in my business and we stay on latest build of Monterey until Ventura's successor has been released.
No kidding learn a good lesson after 23 years of Mac use in my company.

dlopan

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2008
Albuquerque
Weird.I use an old Macpro running catalina as a file server and it works fine to my studio and all the older macs.
I'll try the other way shortly and let all you know if that works.

jpWaller

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2023
I’m angry soon as I upgraded all my company Macs to Ventura 13.2 I cannot get then to connect to our shared Folder we use constantly daily. Spoke to a senior advisor to no avail. What the heck??? Tried everything myself to nothing. Won’t connect yer with 13.1 no issues. Anyone have this experience? Thanks

Greg
Hi. Home network (2 macBooks, 1 iMac, AppleTV, 1 miniMac file/TM server) all working perfectly for 18 months, until yesterday. With Ventura 13.2, all, and I mean ALL file/TM sharing has stopped. I can see the devices and shared folders in Finder etc., but no files ever show up. I have spent the whole day troubleshooting, and made absolutely no progress.

Reactions: DrKarl

RubberPants

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2023
Canada
Hi. Home network (2 macBooks, 1 iMac, AppleTV, 1 miniMac file/TM server) all working perfectly for 18 months, until yesterday. With Ventura 13.2, all, and I mean ALL file/TM sharing has stopped. I can see the devices and shared folders in Finder etc., but no files ever show up. I have spent the whole day troubleshooting, and made absolutely no progress.
I get your frustration I tun a manufacturing company and have spoke to 4 Senior tech’s including a tech on the business side. They feel it’s our network / VPN 😏 My IT guy thinks they are out to lunch. This is maddening. My IT guy looked at the new specs on 13.2 said many security changes most likely this is the issue. 🤷‍♂️

jpWaller

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2023
I get your frustration I tun a manufacturing company and have spoke to 4 Senior tech’s including a tech on the business side. They feel it’s our network / VPN 😏 My IT guy thinks they are out to lunch. This is maddening. My IT guy looked at the new specs on 13.2 said many security changes most likely this is the issue. 🤷‍♂️
Even my AppleTV no longer sees the miniMac shared media files. And I have logged out and logged back in with Apple ID on all the devices. I am at a complete loss.

osplo

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2008
RubberPants, could you change the title of the thread to something more meaningful? I mean, describing the problem. That way, people will find the issue with ease and it will attract more attention and contributors (and maybe a solution). Thanks.

Reactions: casperghst42

RubberPants

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2023
Canada
RubberPants, could you change the title of the thread to something more meaningful? I mean, describing the problem. That way, people will find the issue with ease and it will attract more attention and contributors (and maybe a solution). Thanks.
Ya for sure I’m new here found it by so much frustration. Thanks

Reactions: osplo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.