Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NintendoMan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2020
Hi everyone,
I am a collector and I recently began lightly collecting original factory sealed Apple products. As this becomes more and more popular it lends itself to more and more scamming and re-seals. Does anyone know if there is a way or avenue to explore to verify the authenticity of original Apple factory seals vs. a more recent re-seal? I was wondering if anyone knows either someone who specializes in this or if Apple has some type of proprietary seal that may be identifiable?
Any help is much appreciated

BlackHawk00

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2017
Hi everyone,
I am a collector and I recently began lightly collecting original factory sealed Apple products. As this becomes more and more popular it lends itself to more and more scamming and re-seals. Does anyone know if there is a way or avenue to explore to verify the authenticity of original Apple factory seals vs. a more recent re-seal? I was wondering if anyone knows either someone who specializes in this or if Apple has some type of proprietary seal that may be identifiable?
Any help is much appreciated

Honestly speaking, I always thought that the Apple factory packing seal was excellent and couldn't be faked until I found an instance where one of my friends received a new sealed product off eBay and found that the Apple packing seal was fake and the product was not brand new. So it concludes that scammers or doggy sellers have found a way to repack used/refurbished apple items as brand new.

The only way to make what the seller says is accurate by checking the seller's feedback and history. Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.