Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Personally I find this a load of - you know what.
It's nonsense and simply just greed, taking advantage of everything else going up in price.

....and don't upsell me to some Umlimted plan, I'm using a 3GB a month plan...and still have rollover data each month & I'm fine with that.

Ok..so I've had Cingular/ATT since iPhone 1 until 5 years ago.
Verizon...eh, it's been lame..especially 5G coverage. They ditched the monthly rewards also.

How is T-Mobile?? It might be time for a change.
Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 2.43.55 PM.png

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
T-Mobile had the best prices, but their coverage in my area was horrible. I had no choice but to switch to Verizon 2 years ago. With the job I have, it’s imperative that I have working service.

Reactions: planteater

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Personally I find this a load of - you know what.
It's nonsense and simply just greed, taking advantage of everything else going up in price.

....and don't upsell me to some Umlimted plan, I'm using a 3GB a month plan...and still have rollover data each month & I'm fine with that.

Ok..so I've had Cingular/ATT since iPhone 1 until 5 years ago.
Verizon...eh, it's been lame..especially 5G coverage. They ditched the monthly rewards also.

How is T-Mobile?? It might be time for a change.
View attachment 2020054
i got the exact same message and I'm not happy either.. I have the 5gb plan and with carryover I usually end up with 8-9gb every month which is plenty for me.. I haven't looked at the newer plans yet but it seems like they want to get rid of older plans and get everyone on an unlimited setup of some sort

• Angry
Reactions: PhillyGuy72

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
i got the exact same message and I'm not happy either.. I have the 5gb plan and with carryover I usually end up with 8-9gb every month which is plenty for me.. I haven't looked at the newer plans yet but it seems like they want to get rid of older plans and get everyone on an unlimited setup of some sort
Exactly, my carryover is MORE than enough for me. And all these emails I've been getting from them the past 2-3 months...they are really pushing the "you are qualified for a great Unlimited plan...blah blah." Even the TV ads really push it. My phone is connected to Wifi probably 85% of the time, I rarely suck up my data. This coming week I will look at either a cheaper plan from Verizon, if that is available...or switch carriers totally.

Jav6454 - I'll never go back to ATT, the reception I had with them was ok for a while, but really went to total garbage personally in the final 6-8 months I had with them. Even in my house became a dead zone. Plus when I DID switch to Verizon and had to cancel ATT....this representative just gave me a brutally hard time, clearly they need customer retention.

Reactions: BugeyeSTI

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Exactly, my carryover is MORE than enough for me. And all these emails I've been getting from them the past 2-3 months...they are really pushing the "you are qualified for a great Unlimited plan...blah blah." Even the TV ads really push it. My phone is connected to Wifi probably 85% of the time, I rarely suck up my data. This coming week I will look at either a cheaper plan from Verizon, if that is available...or switch carriers totally.

Jav6454 - I'll never go back to ATT, the reception I had with them was ok for a while, but really went to total garbage personally in the final 6-8 months I had with them. Even in my house became a dead zone. Plus when I DID switch to Verizon and had to cancel ATT....this representative just gave me a brutally hard time, clearly they need customer retention.
Then I'd say your next bet is T-Mo

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois

Well I looked at the plans this morning and I think I'm just going to leave it as is. I'm not going to go to the cheapest unlimited because $80 plus taxes/surcharges isn't a deal as far as I'm concerned

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.