Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
My cousin just bought iPhone 12 recently and is on the Verizon device payment plan, and owes about $900 still. Is it possible for him to retain the payments, yet trade it in for the iPhone 13 promotion? Then essentially be paying for… iPhone 12 + iPhone 13 - promotional trade value?

leerocks01

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2008
My cousin just bought iPhone 12 recently and is on the Verizon device payment plan, and owes about $900 still. Is it possible for him to retain the payments, yet trade it in for the iPhone 13 promotion? Then essentially be paying for… iPhone 12 + iPhone 13 - promotional trade value?

Yes, under my contract; in my plan I’m allowed of maximum of 2 devices.

OrneryTaurus

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2021
California

No, I doubt they would let you roll 'negative equity' like vehicles. You technically don't own the phone unless it's paid in full so it likely would not qualify the trade in promotions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.