Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trojita

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2009
Wow this seems like a complete mess. Many people are now reporting that they are getting e-mails from Verizon that their iPhone 5S Preorder made on Friday the 20th is getting delayed, some until October 17th.

I have a confirmation that my order for a 64GB Space Grey iPhone made at 3:27 EST is delayed until October 7th.

tharepairguy

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2011
From my experience, Verizon is very shady, under trained and frustrating to deal with. I preordered the iphone 4 when it was released on their network. I got my preorder but it came with a defective volume up button. They promised a replacement the next day several times. Needless to say, it took over 30 days to get a replacement. I can't remember the exact time it took to get visual voice-mail to work but I'm thinking 2-3 weeks. Over 5 hours on the phone with verizon, 3-5 hours at an apple store with them trying and being on the phone with verizon. Left the apple store with it still not working. Not to mention a 5 hour round trip to the apple store. Ya.......

I'm so glad i gave up my unlimited att data plan, not...

sillywabbit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
Wow this seems like a complete mess. Many people are now reporting that they are getting e-mails from Verizon that their iPhone 5S Preorder made on Friday the 20th is getting delayed, some until October 17th.

I have a confirmation that my order for a 64GB Space Grey iPhone made at 3:27 EST is delayed until October 7th.

I believe that Verizon orders are handled by Apple themselves, not Verizon.

Trojita

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2009
I understand that, but we don't need another thread for it.

How does it not need a new thread? This is a serious problem. A number of people have ordered earlier than others and aren't receiving their phones in a timely manner.

Having a thread just about Verizon Shipping Confirmations doesn't convey a cluster**** is happening.

atlawson

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2013
I received an email as well. I ordered 3:40 a.m. est on the 20th and up until last night it showed the 24th as the ship date. At 9 last night I got the mail saying delayed until the 7th:mad:

blue rocket

Suspended
Jul 28, 2010
CT, USA

bottom line man is that you waited too long to order. Orders placed within 5 minutes of the pre-order going live are the only one's i'd guarantee of being shipped from the first batch.

This isn't VZW's fault.

mightygitis

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2011
Hampton Roads
bottom line man is that you waited too long to order. Orders placed within 5 minutes of the pre-order going live are the only one's i'd guarantee of being shipped from the first batch.

This isn't VZW's fault.

You're not reading right. They are changing the dates issued to people on Friday and bumping them later.

greenythebeast

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2008
How does it not need a new thread? This is a serious problem. A number of people have ordered earlier than others and aren't receiving their phones in a timely manner.

Having a thread just about Verizon Shipping Confirmations doesn't convey a cluster**** is happening.

Creating a new thread is not going to fix anything.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
I believe that Verizon orders are handled by Apple themselves, not Verizon.

Nope, if you ordered through Verizon's website, Verizon is handling the order using stock given them by Apple. Same is true of AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile.

If you order through Apple, THEN Apple is processing your order through their stock.

blue rocket

Suspended
Jul 28, 2010
CT, USA
You're not reading right. They are changing the dates issued to people on Friday and bumping them later.

I read it right. If people ordered before 3:03 am EST and were postponed then that's a problem, anything after ~3:03 I'd think is fair game to be postponed considering the extremely limited quantities available.

Crabnbass

Oct 23, 2012
I actually placed my order for a 32gb Space Grey at about 3 am PST on the 20th and was originally quoted as having a ship date of October 7. Card was charged over the weekend and Fed Ex says it's out for delivery today. Maybe I ordered just the right color or capacity, but there's hope for people getting their phones a little earlier than expected. Not trying to brag, just wanted to share. Good luck to those waiting.

phantom5251

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2009
Michigan
I actually placed my order for a 32gb Space Grey at about 3 am PST on the 20th and was originally quoted as having a ship date of October 7. Card was charged over the weekend and Fed Ex says it's out for delivery today. Maybe I ordered just the right color or capacity, but there's hope for people getting their phones a little earlier than expected. Not trying to brag, just wanted to share. Good luck to those waiting.

I'm in this group as well...got the email at 3:16 am, had expected ship date of 9/24 (which system still says), but email last night said 10/16...given I feel like I was still fairly early, I'm still holding out hope that I'll be in one of the next batches before 10/16. :)

Harmygeddon

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2013
I ordered a 32GB Space Gray on Friday at 3:01. I received confirmation at 3:05AM with an expected ship date of 9/24. My credit card was charged on 9/21 and I have receipts in my documents on their site.

As of right now here is what I get from their order status page:

Pending Shipment: Product Name: Apple® iPhone® 5s 32GB in Space Gray

I never received an email last night. I had to call Verizon this morning to get a status and I was told 10/7.

Has anyone had this experience?

Trojita

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2009
I ordered a 32GB Space Gray on Friday at 3:01. I received confirmation at 3:05AM with an expected ship date of 9/24. My credit card was charged on 9/21 and I have receipts in my documents on their site.

As of right now here is what I get from their order status page:

Pending Shipment: Product Name: Apple® iPhone® 5s 32GB in Space Gray

I never received an email last night. I had to call Verizon this morning to get a status and I was told 10/7.

Has anyone had this experience?

I have the same location code btw. Maybe something happened to the truck our iPhones were on? :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.