Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amakh007

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
Bought the new Ipad air. I cancelled verizon data account on old ipad2 to give to my wife. Hooked new ipad air up. Activated verizon data. At first it said "error activating account", but then seemed fine. But when I tried to get online, it says "no data plan remaining."

So I go to settings-cellular-account. And it says the following instead of showing my my account information.
"Your Ipad is already active. To check usage, view and pay your bill, sign in or register for my verizon mobile app".

That's it...no ability to log into account. If you go online (on a computer) to check acct, it says you have to access account only from device (which it won't let you do!)

So you can't fix the account, thus can't get data..ugh

Called Verizon and they are clueless. They said it's Apple's problem.

I reprovisioned, hard reset, reset network, etc. Erased and restored. And still get that stupid message!

Any thoughts before I return it?

Last edited:

HouseOfCards

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2013
If you’re talking about a prepaid account you tried to activate directly on your iPad, this may be due to a general system issue Verizon has been having for the last few weeks (specifically just with their prepaid mobile broadband portal).

For instance, I have a Verizon prepaid data account, but currently I can’t add data or make any changes directly on my iPad. Affected customers have to call customer service to make any changes. They claim to be working on the issue.

It sounds like your account activation didn’t complete; so you need to talk with Verizon CS/Tech Support again. They may blame Apple or have you do reprovisions and resets, but really they just need to finalize the account on their side.

As you describe it, this doesn’t sound like an Apple issue and you’d be likely to have the same problem on a new unit.

Be sure you call the prepaid mobile broadband department. 1-800-786-8419

bwapod

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2010
I had the same issue with the Verizon Air I picked up on launch day last week... "Error activating account" followed by "this iPad is already active", etc.

I just returned it to apple later that day and got a new one. I set that one up in the store to make sure it worked (which it did).

Bought the new Ipad air. I cancelled verizon data account on old ipad2 to give to my wife. Hooked new ipad air up. Activated verizon data. At first it said "error activating account", but then seemed fine. But when I tried to get online, it says "no data plan remaining."

So I go to settings-cellular-account. And it says the following instead of showing my my account information.
"Your Ipad is already active. To check usage, view and pay your bill, sign in or register for my verizon mobile app".

That's it...no ability to log into account. If you go online (on a computer) to check acct, it says you have to access account only from device (which it won't let you do!)

So you can't fix the account, thus can't get data..ugh

Called Verizon and they are clueless. They said it's Apple's problem.

I reprovisioned, hard reset, reset network, etc. Erased and restored. And still get that stupid message!

Any thoughts before I return it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.