Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moyjoy

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2019
New York
UPS picked up my iPhone 11 Pro Max on November 13, 2020. I got an email from Verizon on Monday 16 about shipping my trade-in I called Verizon because I had already sent it. He said the email was just a reminder and said he could see the package was in transit. The package was delivered on Wednesday. I just got another email today which states they received a device but it didn't match the one they were expecting? And thus my trade in value was adjusted to $0 accordingly.

I packed the device myself. I sent the iPhone in its original box with its original unused accessories. It was practically new. I put a picture of the device in the box with the iPhone hidden under the padded envelope along with my submission ID.

I'm on the phone with them right now. Crazy!
This happened to me too the last time I did a mail in trade in. Apple kept telling me to call the company that does the trade ins and they kept kept telling me to call Apple. It eventually took a case with the BBB to get it settled.

Jonny Robinson

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Can someone please look back at their shipment weight and tell me how much was shipping weight for your package for one 12 Pro Max? Or for two 12 Pro Maxes? Thanks!
FedEx states a total weight of 2 lbs / 0.91 kgs for an iPhone 12 Pro Max
This happened to me too the last time I did a mail in trade in. Apple kept telling me to call the company that does the trade ins and they kept kept telling me to call Apple. It eventually took a case with the BBB to get it settled.
Wow! A Verizon representative just put me on hold for 45 minutes and is currently requesting permission to give me a $600 account credit.

Reactions: moyjoy

scubacat

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2011
UPS picked up my iPhone 11 Pro Max on November 13, 2020. I got an email from Verizon on Monday 16 about shipping my trade-in I called Verizon because I had already sent it. He said the email was just a reminder and said he could see the package was in transit. The package was delivered on Wednesday. I just got another email today which states they received a device but it didn't match the one they were expecting? And thus my trade in value was adjusted to $0 accordingly.

I packed the device myself. I sent the iPhone in its original box with its original unused accessories. It was practically new. I put a picture of the device in the box with the iPhone hidden under the padded envelope along with my submission ID.

I'm on the phone with them right now. Crazy!
Is anyone else having issues with Verizon and the trade-in credit? Two family members of mine sent theirs in 2 weeks ago and have had nothing but trouble trying to get Verizon to apply the appropriate promotional $440 trade-in value. One of them still hasn't registered as being received, despite having tracking confirmation that it was received last week. Does anyone have experience buying from Apple vs. Verizon? I'm wondering if the process would go more smoothly by buying directly through Apple.

moyjoy

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2019
New York
Is anyone else having issues with Verizon and the trade-in credit? Two family members of mine sent theirs in 2 weeks ago and have had nothing but trouble trying to get Verizon to apply the appropriate promotional $440 trade-in value. One of them still hasn't registered as being received, despite having tracking confirmation that it was received last week. Does anyone have experience buying from Apple vs. Verizon? I'm wondering if the process would go more smoothly by buying directly through Apple.
It wasn’t smoother when I did it through Apple. I wouldn’t be surprised if they both used the same 3rd party company for processing.

mvonk

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2020
So can anyone help me understand why Verizon is shipping Iphone Pro Max's to stores (incl the blue ones) before they have filled the preorders?

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009
A rep was very helpful. She explained that my 12 Pro Max blue 128g that I ordered on 11/10 scheduled to ship on 11/27 would not be receive as scheduled. She said probably because the date for shipping for my model/color/size has now been moved to 12/18!!! She said I am ordering the most popular model/color/size and Apple cant keep up with demand. She reviewed what she she had on hand to overnight to me and I chose 12 Pro Max graphite 256g. The difference in my monthly payment was a $4 increase. She attempted to cancel my order and place a new one. However, the cancellation didn't fully process (see above) and the system wouldn't allow her to place my new order. I called another number I had for Verizon and that person put me me on hold a LONG time and came back on the line to tell me she contacted someone who was able to get the order cancelled. She then said, a blue 256g was now available. The phone is being overnighted and she is waiving the $12 overnight fee. In fact, I just received a FedEx notice that the phone is on its way. This is an end to a good day!
I received the phone via overnight shipping as promised. Activation was smooth. I am disappointed with this shade of blue. It’s different than the blue on the 12 Pro. I thought it would be the same. Oh well it’s mine now and because I’m a business customer, I doubt I could trade it in at the store. No way would I go the shipping process again. I impressed with speed, battery life, sound/clarity and responsiveness of this phone. I already miss my battery case from my XsMax. While the battery is great on this phone, it was fantastic to have double the battery charge. These phones don’t come with a brick, just the cable. I picked one up at best buy for $19. If you are in no hurry you can get Verizon to mail you one for $14. The cable that this phone came with connects to phone via lightning but other end is USBC. I didn’t realize that until I tried to use it.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Original poster
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Has everyone received their phones yet? Has anyone traded their phone in for a different color or different model? For those who have received their devices, how are you liking it? Any regrets?

Jonny Robinson

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
For those who have received their devices, how are you liking it? Any regrets?
I really like it. It's great to have a Qualcomm modem again. I still want a matte black iPhone Pro Max.

I will however upgrade all devices next year specifically to get the X60 5g modem from Qualcomm and those will be the devices my family keeps for 2-4 years. I will continue to upgrade annually or in this case in 10 months?

My daughter wanted an iPhone mini initially, but after we got the iPhone 12 and the iPhone 12 Pro in-house, she wanted to upgrade to the iPhone 12 Pro Max. I ordered her the iPhone 12 mini as originally planned (I was willing to change it later if she wanted, I just thought they would be in high demand and or limited supply) and she is loving it. She says the mini is the perfect size for activities, whatever that means.

How about yourself?

Caviar_X

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2010
The new body style is my favorite part of the phone. Easily my favorite phone since the 5S.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Original poster
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I really like it. It's great to have a Qualcomm modem again. I still want a matte black iPhone Pro Max.

I will however upgrade all devices next year specifically to get the X60 5g modem from Qualcomm and those will be the devices my family keeps for 2-4 years. I will continue to upgrade annually or in this case in 10 months?

My daughter wanted an iPhone mini initially, but after we got the iPhone 12 and the iPhone 12 Pro in-house, she wanted to upgrade to the iPhone 12 Pro Max. I ordered her the iPhone 12 mini as originally planned (I was willing to change it later if she wanted, I just thought they would be in high demand and or limited supply) and she is loving it. She says the mini is the perfect size for activities, whatever that means.

How about yourself?

I love my PB Pro Max. I instantly got used to the size coming from my XS Max. I’m not going to lie, I wish it was a little bigger. I carry a purse 5% of the time, so carrying my Pro Max hasn’t been an issue without a purse. The Qualcomm modem is like night and day compared to the Intel modem. I have better connectivity when out and about in areas I didn’t have before. I love the color more and more everyday, and only have clear cases to show off the color. I can see myself keeping this phone for 2 years, unless Apple come out with something spectacular next year. I’m going to upgrade my daughter to next year’s 13 so she can use 5G on T-Mobile. As for me, I didn’t think 5G was out in my area, since I didn’t see it on the coverage map, but low and behold I’ve been using 5G since day 1, and it has made my data usage increase so much. I went from using 20GB in a month to almost 60GB.

Reactions: Lsmachado

Jonny Robinson

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
I love my PB Pro Max. I instantly got used to the size coming from my XS Max. I’m not going to lie, I wish it was a little bigger. I carry a purse 5% of the time, so carrying my Pro Max hasn’t been an issue without a purse. The Qualcomm modem is like night and day compared to the Intel modem. I have better connectivity when out and about in areas I didn’t have before. I love the color more and more everyday, and only have clear cases to show off the color. I can see myself keeping this phone for 2 years, unless Apple come out with something spectacular next year. I’m going to upgrade my daughter to next year’s 13 so she can use 5G on T-Mobile. As for me, I didn’t think 5G was out in my area, since I didn’t see it on the coverage map, but low and behold I’ve been using 5G since day 1, and it has made my data usage increase so much. I went from using 20GB in a month to almost 60GB.
Yes!

Reactions: StaceyMJ86

mvonk

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2020
Looks like Verizon sent my PB Pro Max via the slow boat. Shipped on the 24th. Arriving today (30th) from Fedex. So much for 2 day shipping. Terrible. The preorder service from Verizon sucks - I could have gone into the store and got it faster.

Jim165

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2015
Consistent. Got the note from Verizon saying that they have no inventory and that my PB Pro which was supposed to ship yesterday is now.....12/2.
Have you heard anything new on your order? Just checked with VZW chat and they stated that for sure my 12 pro will still be delivered on the 2nd...still not totally believing that

chrisf60647

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
Have you heard anything new on your order? Just checked with VZW chat and they stated that for sure my 12 pro will still be delivered on the 2nd...still not totally believing that
I am hoping. Mo reason that it shouldn't. You can get them in the stores now. Havent seen a change or shipping note yet but holding out hope.

campingsk8er

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2011
Elizabethtown, PA
Remember this is my second order. So I called on the 27th to see what was up, they said it was supposed to ship today but it hasn’t, that’s all the details they have. Well today, the 1st I get a notification saying it was shipped on the 23rd. But, there’s no tracking number, AGAIN. F*** all of this.

Jim165

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2015
I am hoping. Mo reason that it shouldn't. You can get them in the stores now. Havent seen a change or shipping note yet but holding out hope.
Well well well...got a shipping note by VZW for FedEx Thursday delivery this morning. Thinking you should have the same soon...

chrisf60647

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
I never got a notification but i opened my FedEX app and sure enough, it got the notification. I'll have mine tomorrow

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.