Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nonicali

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Sorry if this question has already been asked. I'm really confused and hoping someone can clarify. I heard I may lose my unlimited data if I upgrade and wanted to know my options. Both of my lines are eligible for an upgrade.

Line 1: Old Blackberry Bold with unlimited data, nationwide talk fs 700, 1000 text
Line 2: Iphone 4s, 2gb, nationwide talk fs 700, 250 text

I want to upgrade my blackberry line and keep my plan the same. I really do not want to lose my unlimited data on line 1. Do I use my iphone 4s upgrade on line 2 then call Verizon and switch it to line 1? Or do I have to add a line 3 or pay full retail?

DollaTwentyFive

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2010
Parts Unknown
Provided they are both individual lines - it looks like they are, then you should be able to use the upgrade on the 4S line and then put the 4S back on that line and move the 5s to your BB line. I would suggest doing this on your account on the verizon website, however. I still have unlimited data and every time I speak to a CSR on the phone, their ultimate mission seems to be to get me onto a tiered data plan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.