Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asenna

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
I have a work issued Verizon MiFi, what if I cut up the sim and put it into a cellular ipad? Will I have to do any account changes or will it just work?

Jades

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2012
I have a work issued Verizon MiFi, what if I cut up the sim and put it into a cellular ipad? Will I have to do any account changes or will it just work?

It will just work out of the box, just cut the sim

However they will know that you moved the sim. Dont know if that will make a difference or not. If they ever sign in to myverizon or they call customer care to make a change, theyll know the sim is in an ipad

achariam

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2010

I did this with my 3rd generation verizon iPad, it worked fine all I had to do was reprovision my iPad within the settings.

asenna

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
It will just work out of the box, just cut the sim

However they will know that you moved the sim. Dont know if that will make a difference or not. If they ever sign in to myverizon or they call customer care to make a change, theyll know the sim is in an ipad

That's fine, I will ask my boss about it, was wondering if anything was to be changed on the account so that I could tell him what to change. Will I be able to tether? That would be a win win if my ipad can act like my mifi but with insane battery and faster LTE. :D

Jades

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2012
That's fine, I will ask my boss about it, was wondering if anything was to be changed on the account so that I could tell him what to change. Will I be able to tether? That would be a win win if my ipad can act like my mifi but with insane battery and faster LTE. :D

Yes you can tether

Just swap sims. Simple as that. If the sims are different sizes you can just ask verizon to send you the correct size

You'll have no issues transferring from Mifi to ipad, as long as you are continuing the contract they don't care

The problem is when people put their unlimited iphone sims into their iPads. That's when you get clueless reps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.