Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icrude

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
WHAT?! So my phone keeps sending callers right to voicemail and doesn’t ring. If I restart or reset everything sometimes it fixes itself but only for a few hours. So I called Verizon a 3rd time. I get to “level 2” support finally, and the guy tells me to download the my Verizon app and use the health test which looks for duplicate photos in my photos library. He said it may be the problem and everything adds to the problem. Are you ************** kidding me? He also asked how frequently I erase my browser history. That is the level our current help has come to?

Last edited:

icrude

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
Well what I don’t understand is he must have been reading out of a training book. I mean he had troubleshooting steps and this was one of the things he said could be the issue. How is Verizon doing this? I don’t understand.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
More than likely, the support is outsourced and the CS rep is under quota to close a certain amount of calls a day. And telling you the stupid drivel he did, crosses off another quota even though it didn‘t solve your problem.

icrude

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
But he took forever to close it. I was arguing with him the whole time. He said the duplicate photos nonsense then told me to turn off location services for EVERY APP cause that may be causing it. Why tell me that if that has nothing to do with the problem? Why not give me some useful information instead?

MinimeJer05

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2020
Minnesota
Try turning off your wifi calling. Had the same issue on ATT and that’s what solved it. If you’re not using WiFi calling, perhaps try turning it on?

MinimeJer05

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2020
Minnesota
Did you reboot the phone after turning it off? Always a good tip. Also, if possible, get Verizon to “reset” your cellular settings.

icrude

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
Yep, they did that and I reset it. That would fix it for a few hours then my wife would call me and it went back to sending her straight to voicemail. The problem would just keep coming back. That is why I called the third time and they sent me to this level 2 moron.

twinz555

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2020
If your calls go straight to voicemail. Make sure your Do Not Disturb isn’t turned on by mistake.

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Thank you but I thought of that already. This seems to be a bit more technical.
Perhaps something along the lines of a new SIM might be in order (if some sort of a reset on Verizon's side of things doesn't do the trick).

Lekro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2019
Sorry if sounds trivial and you already tried but have you checked the feature for silencing unknown callers? It might explain why does it sometimes work. When silencing an unknown caller the phone sends the caller straight to voicemail.

laptech

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2013
Earth
A new SIM would require the settings at Verizon to be reset/changed which is something one of the members suggested could be the problem. Looking back at the post, I do not believe that Verizon 'reset' the phone settings properly on their end.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.