Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JustCrusin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2011
So I purchased a T-Mobile iPad Air which is coming on Monday. I planned on the most part to take advantage of the free 200mb. We may eventually go to a share everything plan on Verizon. From what I am reading it seems much easier to have a Verizon iPad Air and insert a T-Mobile sim than vice versa.

Anyone with a good/easy experience swapping a Verizon sim in a T-Mobile iPad? The few posts I have read so far seem like you really need to swap and finagle things to get a T-Mobile iPad Air to work on Verizon.

Thanks.

Jades

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2012
Just run to the apple store and get an imei from any verizon ipad and when you call verizon customer care to add a new line to your share everything plan give them that imei number from apple store or best buy

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
I bought a Tmobile iPad Air yesterday & dropped a Verizon SIM from an iPhone 5 in it today, it worked right away without any issues.
Was the SIM already activated or not? I think the difficulty is getting the Verizon SIM activated. Once it is, it's smooth sailing.

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
I tried trimming down a micro USB from a Verizon USB internet device and when I put it in my T-Mobile iPad, it sees it but says it is not activated. Evidently it will not work with those.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.