Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KelVarnsen

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2009
For the $700 credit on a trade-in, it specifically says you need to add the phone to a *qualifying* unlimited plan. So it’s specific plans for the trade-in credit, not just device payments.
When I'm on Apple's website I can do the 700 dollar trade in if I do the device payments, or 640 if I just turn it in completely.

I called Verizon and they said I had two options, buy out the remaining payments on the phone or pay 137.00 to upgrade early.

kanga1622

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
I talked to a Verizon rep yesterday on an unrelated issue. They confirmed to me that my Start Unlimited plan would not qualify for the $400 trade-in credit on my 7+. I'd need to jump up to a plan that costs $10 extra a month but then qualifies us for the free Disney package.

I plan to do it anyway because we liked the free Disney trial (I'm a sucker for their older movies) and we already pay for Hulu anyway. Having hotspot data will be nice but will be used rarely. We were already debating moving one of our lines up a package to get the Disney deal.

Reactions: rui no onna
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.