Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmaxdmax

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
I placed an order for a 13ProMax thru the Apple site, and traded in my X for a new payment of $13.30/month. When the confirm email came it showed $39.99/month. I called Verizon who apologized for the system glitch and said that I would get the $13.30. My first Verizon bill has the higher price.

I have:
1- the original email
2- That email forwarded to my daughter showing her the order went thru but I needed to check with Verizon.
3- A 2nd email to daughter saying that V confirmed the promotion price.

They’re all time stamped within 30 minutes so they should at least know that a call happened.

Phone support was worthless so I’m going to a store tomorrow. Do you think they’ll honor the verbal contract?

gdjsnyder

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Swoyersville, PA
Typically, if you’re getting bill credits, these take 1-2 billing cycles to appear, they are almost never immediate. You will also get credits for those 1-2 billing cycles it takes to appear in the end. So, if you pay $39.99 for two billing cycles, the third bill will have three credits of $26.69 so $80.07 in total. The current Verizon promotion on Apple has this in the fine print.

dmaxdmax

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Typically, if you’re getting bill credits, these take 1-2 billing cycles to appear, they are almost never immediate. You will also get credits for those 1-2 billing cycles it takes to appear in the end. So, if you pay $39.99 for two billing cycles, the third bill will have three credits of $26.69 so $80.07 in total. The current Verizon promotion on Apple has this in the

I get that but this was exactly 1/30 of $1,199 so I don’t think that’s the problem. I called Verizon and they said that their system doesn’t have record of any promotion deal.

dmaxdmax

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
RESOLUTION:
After a 2.5 hour 3-waycall with Verizon and Apple, Apple did nothing but Verizon credited me the full $800! All thanks to an amazing V phone rep.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.