Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ObliviousFool

Suspended
Feb 16, 2010
Is it true there are faces that are series 8 only? I thought it was pretty much a 7 but with slightly smaller bezels..... doesn't seem like that would be enough to disqualify 7 right?

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
Why does Apple ruin good things they had it perfect that people like me and u liked then they f##ed it up lol we all should send a message to Apple i reakon if enough of us do it we might just get what we want

While I do think saying you're "devastated" (post 6) over a watch face change is a bit over-dramatic, but I do agree with you it's VERY annoying when Apple replaces things instead of simply adding additional options. Post 8 did provide a solution for at least the location issue.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
They ruined my face also. I have a night time for wearing while sleeping. I use a red time display for night vision. I cannot change the displayed time from bright white (blinding light) to subdued red. Three thumbs down on this change.
Same.

I find that the new Nike faces are a good substitute and allowed me to get back to kinda what I had.

Attachments

• nike_face.png
    nike_face.png
    148 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: JayTeeFox

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
Ok, I just updated to watchOS 9. Really, all you have to do is simply tap on the weather complication and it will then show your location at the top. Yes, that's one more step than simply glancing, but is that really THAT big of a deal, considering you're probably not checking this every 5 minutes? I still agree with you that Apple should add options more often than replacing options, but I don't think this is as atrocious as some are making it sound.

TypeMRT

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
I want a complication that just has location. Location + weather has been a reasonable substitute but just the name of the city or town would be perfect.

Reactions: hkoster1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.