Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jamovik

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
The animations and overall snappiness of the system seems improved over Sierra. Well done, Apple!

MacBook Pro Retina 2015.

potatis

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2006
Expose has never worked/looked better!

I actually liked the look in Panther/Tiger/Leopard better, where the whole selected window where highlighted in bright blue. Now it looks more like Snow Leopard with just a blue outline for selected window. Maybe I'm dreaming but think they made it Leopard style again in Yosemite/El Capitan/Sierra, but now it's back to Snow Leopard style.

davidcmc

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2009
I've noticed the same. Animations of Exposé/Mission Control and folders opening from Dock are very smooth now, unlike Sierra.

Is it because of Metal 2?

haginile

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2006
I've noticed the same. Animations of Exposé/Mission Control and folders opening from Dock are very smooth now, unlike Sierra.

Is it because of Metal 2?

Yes, the entire Window Server has been moved on top of Metal 2 (Craig mentioned this in the keynote).

Reactions: davidcmc

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I actually liked the look in Panther/Tiger/Leopard better, where the whole selected window where highlighted in bright blue. Now it looks more like Snow Leopard with just a blue outline for selected window. Maybe I'm dreaming but think they made it Leopard style again in Yosemite/El Capitan/Sierra, but now it's back to Snow Leopard style.

It's been SL style since SL I think. It's a border in Sierra at least.

If you really care about it, it may be a simple PNG change. I hated the old look so much I found a PNG someone had made to make it a border.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.