Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleHater

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
I had no expectations prior to the launch and only signed up for it because it was free. Disney+ was all I cared about. After almost 3 month from the launch, I watch way more Apple TV+ than Disney+.

I think Apple did a great job pacing shows so that there is a constant stream of new shows and I don't get to binge watch entire season in one weekend.

Sure, there is no game of thrones like popular shows, yet, but there are shows entertaining enough to keep on watching and look forward to next episode. It's very likely I'll be renewing the subscription paying next time.

With Apple TV+, Disney+, Netflix and prime videos, finally I don't miss regular tv and actually there more to watch than my free time, now.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Same. I love Disney+ for the Star Wars content, but I'm getting more value out of Apple TV+ currently. I've seen most everything Apple TV+ has to offer. For me, Disney+ is basically The Mandalorian and the animated Star Wars series that I haven't prioritized to watch until now.

The problem I'm now facing is that I'm subscribed to way too much. I have HBO, ESPN+/Hulu/Disney+ bundle, Netflix, and Prime. Add to that, I still have cable for sports. ? First world problems.

AppleHater

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
Same. I love Disney+ for the Star Wars content, but I'm getting more value out of Apple TV+ currently. I've seen most everything Apple TV+ has to offer. For me, Disney+ is basically The Mandalorian and the animated Star Wars series that I haven't prioritized to watch until now.

The problem I'm now facing is that I'm subscribed to way too much. I have HBO, ESPN+/Hulu/Disney+ bundle, Netflix, and Prime. Add to that, I still have cable for sports. ? First world problems.
I hear you. I think people including me will start trimming out streaming services with lesser values as we just don't have time for all these contents any way.

nickdalzell1

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2019
I usually keep multiple streaming services + cable as sort of redundancy. If one service dies, say Netflix or Hulu, a lot of what I've watched there might still be available on Amazon or On-demand from my cable provider. That and my provider login avoids the 'subscription stack'. Pretty much unlocks a lot of what's often separate subscriptions.

A great app I've used often is a free-tv service called Pluto. I'd give it a go as well. I often watch the After School Cartoons channel in the evenings for my 90s cartoon fix.

Varking

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2010
I am also getting more use out of AppleTV+ than some of my other apps. We use YouTube TV for live TV but also subscribe to Netflix, Hulu and Disney+. I am holding out hope that Disney+ will get better once the super hero shows like Loki go live but right now after the Mandalorian its basically been dead to me. Hulu also hasn't been used in some time. So it looks like Netflix, AppleTV+ and YouTube TV for me.

nickdalzell1

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2019
I prefer Disney+ as-is. I haven't been able to watch shows like Talespin and Chip-n-Dale Rescue Rangers or Gargoyles since Toon Disney crapped the bed and became Disney XD. In fact, I'm watching far more than any other service.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.