Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AdamJD

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
Can someone recommend a very simple, small footprint video editor? I need something for when FCPx and iMovie are just overload for quick trim, rotate, crop...and export (like the old Quicktime Pro)?

In the last 45 minutes, I've downloaded 4 or 5 apps from the App Store. They've all been #fails. (Thank you, App Zapper for being able to rip them back off my computer.).

THANK YOU!

imaccooper

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2014
North Carolina
I'm not sure why you are dismissing iMovie. It's about as simple as they come and is made specifically for doing quick edits on clips and movies. I use premiere pro for advanced video editing every week, but I also use iMovie every week when I just need to take the last couple minutes off a recording or put a graphic at the front of a recording and be done with it. I don't think you will find anything that will work better for what you are wanting than iMovie, but maybe someone else has a different experience.

Reactions: kohlson

kohlson

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2010
Is there a reason QT7 Pro won't work? Sure, it's old, but I still use it from time to time. But QTX does the things you describe pretty quickly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.