Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Howard54

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2009
A few weeks ago I got a new 10S Max. Prior to that I was using a 7 Plus. I have been experiencing a very unusual problem when my new phone is connected to my Audi telephone system via Bluetooth. I am hoping someone here can help me sort this out.

Sometimes, but not always, during a call the other party cannot hear me. The call has not dropped and I can hear them fine. If I switch to the phone's speakerphone or Airpods the call continues just fine.

It does not matter whether I called them or they called me. Sometimes it happens at the beginning of a call, other times in the middle. This never happened with my 7 Plus connected to the same vehicle.

Apple cannot identify the problem but it did happen when I was on the phone with their tech support. Nothing shows up in the Audi forums that I can find. Plenty of general Bluetooth connection issues but nothing so specific or unusual.

The phone otherwise connects to my Audi audio system fine for all other purposes - music, podcasts and such. It is just this one-side audio problem that is so unusual and perplexing.

Has anyone else had this problem or know anyone else who has?

Any idea what might cause such a strange problem. Is it somehow the new Intel chip in this year's phone?

I am totally stumped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.