Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cdshepster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2021
I’ve often seen when zooming, focusing or just taking photos with my 14pro that the camera often switches between lenses and while trying to make up for the zoom ratio results in lower quality images. See attached video.

Outdoor Use Case Scenario: 1x fixed zoom lens selected. Moving quickly between subjects, visually on the screen I see a blurring effect as a different lens seems to take over. 1x zoom still shows selected but the phone seems to be deciding no matter. Took the first photo and following the blur animation took another. The first appears as expected but the second looks like it was compressed with smaller file sizes. It’s still an ok image but frustrating. Happens much more often in mid to low lighting.

Indoor Scenario: see video

Anyone else experiencing this?

Reactions: vannesatt

vannesatt

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2022
Omg I finally found someone with the same issue as me! I've been searching for answers since I got my phone and no one else addresses it. It happens to me even if I'm not zooming and the image result comes out looking worse than my iPhone 6 photos. Super noisy, out of focus, and has zero contrast. It sucks. I wonder if it's some faulty phones and if we should return/exchange them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.