Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benjamindaines

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 24, 2005
A religiously oppressed state
I have a few videos I want to put on my web site but they are very large .mov files. I need an app that I can put in a target file size and it will automatically resize the video and decrease quality a little, the video needs to still look mostly good. If you know of any apps like the fore mentioned please let me know ASAP.

--Thanks.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
QT Pro does this very well

Attachments

• picd.jpg
    picd.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 112

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
Benjamindaines said:
There's no place to put in a target file size, like 20mb, that's what i need.
true , but i do it the other way round .. if my original file is a 1500 k bit rate i will half it and hence half the size

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
I use QT Pro and it really is great for what you're looking to do.

As pointed out it does not have a target size file setting but you go get a feel for the estimated file size very quickly...especially if you keep to the same settings.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Benjamindaines said:
I have a few videos I want to put on my web site but they are very large .mov files. I need an app that I can put in a target file size and it will automatically resize the video and decrease quality a little, the video needs to still look mostly good. If you know of any apps like the fore mentioned please let me know ASAP.

--Thanks.

What format are the videos in now, and how big are they? What format and how small do you want them to end up?

Lethal

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.