Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mecboek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2020
The Netherlands
When I download my uploaded files from iCloud (to save space) they show up as blank files in Finder after the download has completed. If I open the through the "manage storage" option they do show up between my documents and I am able to open them... Once opened they show up in the original folder again. But having 300 video's you can imagine this is annoying and a waste of time. Does anybody have a solution for this?

brianmowrey

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2020
Well, I imagine that using icloud.com as the icloud drive client would work. But then you would have to double back and reupload the video into icloud manually if you make edits, and that sounds like even more trouble.

Rather, I would start with a new User test on the Mac so you have a totally fresh set of ds_stores. If the new User doesn't have this problem, consider just living in the new User until the problem probably comes back later

Or move to Dropbox / other. Or try copying everything out of iCloud, making new folders and copying it back into iCloud in new folders

Needless to say I hope you back up all your iCloud Drive contents before you try moving anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.